Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Jannelle's Family Restaurant

Location:
110 Saginaw St,Byron,MI 48418

This little place is a bit out of the way unless you live in Byron,but for the first time in quite a while I was actually impressed.

The prices seem kind of high,but given the quality of the food and the very polite service,I really am not going to complain,and we did have a gift certificate for $25.00 off....thanks to Restaurant.com,so be sure to check that website out.

Tonight was a busy night for them,as they had a banquet going on as well,so the waitstaff was running around like crazy,but never once did I see an employee not smiling or keeping check on all the tables.

The manager came up and introduced himself,chatted for a moment,and was generally very friendly.

The food was good,hot,and made exactly as we ordered it.

We started out with two apps. an order of cheese stix and an order of potato skins,we only ate half of each,not wanting to be too full before our main course,but they were very good,and I could have made a meal out of just the potato skins.

My husband ordered the Steak Diane,which he said was excellent,and extremely tender.I ordered the Southern Fried Catfish,which was very good,and the portions were more than generous,so much so that I have leftovers for lunch tomorrow.

The service was a tad slow,but I think that was mostly due to the banquet they were also serving for in the next room,I'm sure on a normal night,the service would be much faster.

SO,I have no comlaints about this little restaurant,if you're in the Byron area,or in the mood for a nice quiet drive,go check it out.

2 comments:

  1. Sound great and my daughters name is Jenelle:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. We were very impressed at the service for such a small place,check out Restaurant.com and see if they still have the gift certificates,we found it was worth the drive.

    ReplyDelete