Friday, January 22, 2010

Lucas Coney Island

Lucas is located on Grand River in Brighton just past Rickett Road,where the old Kroger building is.

It doesn't look like much from the road,and if you aren't looking for it you might just miss seeing it there,as it is now the only business remaining in that little plaza.

I ordered the Chef Bowl salad.Ok first,if you order the large,be prepared to share it with two or three friends.The lettuce was crispy fresh,and the toppings icy cold,just the way a good salad should be.

My only real complaint is that when they wash the lettuce,they don't drain it enough and you end up with water standing in the bottom of the salad.If they would take an extra second to run it through a salad spinner,that would solve the issue.

As of right now this is NOT a smoke free place,but as we all should know by now,that is going to change in this state in May.But for now,the food is good,so just order it to go if you don't want to be around the smoke.

The prices are reasonable and the service is fast,I have yet to get anything from there that I was truely unhappy with.I normally will order it to go however since I am not a smoker and would prefer not to sit in a dining room full of smoke.

2 comments:

  1. I quit eating here, because the last 3 times the hot dogs had a greenish tint to it. They changed their fries and they were really greasey, not to mention most fries are. And the last 3 times, we waited along time for the waitress to give us our bill. We had to go and find her.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry I missed this comment,slacking I guess.....I've never ordered a hot dog from there,just salads.Sorry your experiences have been bad,but thank you for sharing,will have to check into that in more detail.

    ReplyDelete