Saturday, January 16, 2010

Mary's Chicken

OK,first let me send out an apology for not posting in so long.We've been battling illness in the household and I am just now finally feelling normal again.

Mary's Chicken is in Howell,on Grand River near Golf Club road.It's a little tiny place that's not really set up for sit in dining,more of a carry out place,with only 2 or 3 parking spots,I usually park at the Whistle Stop plaza and walk over,it's easier to get in and out of if you need to make a left turn back onto Grand River.

If you grew up craving fried chicken like your grandma made,this is the place for you.The chicken is all made to order,so it's not like walking in to KFC and the chicken is sitting under heat lamps.The breading is a simple old fashioned flour coating.Yummy!

If you like smelt,and can't find a place that has it year round,again this is the place to go.I like the smelt dinner,they give you more than a generous portion,so you don't feel like you're getting short changed on food.

I know,I know,deep fried is bad for you,but once in a while,in moderation can't be all that bad can it?

The prices are pretty much in line with other fast food places,and lunch or dinner will cost you just under $10.00.I haven't seen any coupons or discount deals from Mary's Chicken,so if you find one,please post a comment here so I can share the deal with readers.

No comments:

Post a Comment